Monday 13 February 2012

Pre- Production Unit - adapting a character

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was contemplating scrapping a character - Sam- as I felt she maybe a bit too 'glam', and she only becomes an army wife toward the end of the story, for most part the story is just of her being single and successful etc.. However, I think she is too key to the end of the story to take out completely, so I wouldn't introduce her until later on in the show, no following her life before that, and just make her less glam. For example she is an entertainment lawyer in the book, who earns loads of money and has really nice things. I would change her to perhaps a human rights lawyer with a more humble life. She will still be fiercely independent, just more frumpy, real and minus the designer clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment