Wednesday 5 October 2011

Work Based Learning Unit - update

Yesterday we had a shoot in the studio, it was a photo - shoot and a behind the scenes video and video interview- for Bio Oil. I got to see them in action and help out with a few things, but I was mainly in the offices, still working on the online video content research. I have done women's mags, men's mags, music mag's, car's, PR etc to seek out potential clientele. I am learning that a lot of the online video content on a lot of websites, is pretty crap! It feels like companies want to jump on the multi media, virtual, digital-ness of our era, but it seems for a lot of companies, it comes as an after thought, something the shove on the webpage to say they have done it. For example, I found a how to video on the marie claire website that could have been shot on a phone, by a child it was so awful. So there is a massive market there, which some companies, for example Look Magazine, have really caught onto, and their online videos are fantastic.

Tomorrow, I think Alex and I are out on a shoot for Westfield, so i'll update you on that then!

But for today, its more research!

1 comment:

  1. nice reflection there, good to see you thinking about the wider context... :)

    ReplyDelete