Saturday 8 October 2011

Work Based Learning Unit- update and PLEA TO SIMON!

So, Thursday, Alex and I went to a shoot in Chelsea, aside from the fact that we sat in the car for a total of 6 hours because of horrendous traffic (3hrs there, 3 hrs back), it was an amazing day!
Simon, you will be thrilled to hear that it completely changed my attitude and fear towards 'the dreaded camera/technology'. We used a Canon 5D, and this is my plea to you - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we get one?! They are absolutely AMAZING!! They literally produce the most beautiful footage and I found it so much easier to use than our EX's. And for me to get excited about a camera is amazing in itself. Alex let me film loads of stuff that day, and I also did all the sound recording, as the 5D's don't have the ability to record sound.
The shoot itself was a photo-shoot for Westfield again, and Alex and I were doing a behind the scenes, we were in a photographer's studio, which was an awesome space, and he was also really cool (Ted Humble-Smith). It was a much more chilled day than the commercial shoot, and there were a lot less people.
I feel like I have been able to apply the theory we have learnt at uni to real life situations. Although I knew all terms and camera technicalities, I feel now, I can actually do them, if that makes sense? As you know, I have always been afraid of the camera, and not had confidence to use it but this day really, really helped me through this fear, and I absolutely loved it. I also found the zoom on the 5D so much easier and found myself doing wicked focus pulls. Once the footage has been edited, I will upload the film and point out if any shots used were my own.

Last ditch attempt - PLEASE PLEASE can we get a 5D :)

4 comments:

  1. i'll see what I can do! :) soooooooo pleaseed you are sooooooooo excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. casey - can you please try to come to studios tomorrow (tues AM) as have important info re WBL report and for MP update.
    thanks
    simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Simon, I have only just read this.. i can get Cat to update me, or email me? Sorry

    ReplyDelete