Wednesday 21 September 2011

Work Based Learning Unit - update

Just got home from a long day in london, very tired!
Today, I shadowed Alex, an editor for a while, he was working on a promo piece for Philips, which I will try to upload when its done, that was interesting. Especially as the footage he was given wasn't great, it was shot on a 5D, and there were a lot of focus issues, so he had to 'fix' it a lot, which he wasn't happy about!

I also sorted out a big box of random tapes for Kim, the producer, labelled them and put them all into date order. I also did some other general help for Kim, such as scanning in assets that they had been sent, and organising getting them sent back.
Kim also gave me a document that I scanned in, that was something a client gave them when they had commissioned them, which I will upload after this post. She was going to let me scan in the Philips documents, (costing sheet, shooting script and contributor briefs) but she didn't think it was a good idea, as the piece hasn't gone live yet.

Most excitingly, I am going out to a shoot with them tomorrow, its a behind the scenes of a photoshoot for Westfield Christmas campaign! Its in a location house, in West London, and its going to be a very long day, but I'm excited. Call time is 9.45am and I believe i'ts going to be at least a 12 hr day.
Also! I'm going on some other shoots next week, including an evening one next Thursday, at a bloggers event for a new film (Michelle couldn't remember the film!)so I'm very excited about that!

I'll upload those images from the document Kim gave me now, and its off to bed for me, as I have a looong day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. good luck and keep posting - its all great stuff. love the extracts from the script/storyboard pages. think about reflections too - what are you learning?

    ReplyDelete