Monday 1 November 2010

Direction, edit, commission, essay draft & Shutter Island

Its been a while... :S

So to update! We have now completed one half of our direction unit! Wooo! In earlier posts I think I said that I was going to do the director Guillmoro del Toro, but as I decided it was too hard to achieve, I went for another director; Tim Burton, in which I still got to play around with dark and gothic themes which I will admit, I love! It was great fun to do, I got to turn my kitchen into a burton wonderland! AT first, I was not happy with my footage, as I feel I just dont have that creative edge when it comes to handling the camera, but with all the work I did in pre production, and the hours I spent in post, (which, by some small miracle, I am not holding at arms length anymore, I am starting to see that editing can be quite magical, and turn footage that was a bit crap, into something quite ok!) I actually am quite proud of my film, I dont get the same feeling of horror that I do when I think of my trailor!

So, onto the next unit! Commission begins next week, so this week Dylan and I have to prepare, prepare, prepare! And draft out some kind of a script.
We also have a draft essay to hand in on thursday - eek!

Another random update is that I watched Shutter Island by Martin Scorsese last night, and it was awesome! It made me shout NO! at the screen at the end because I'm still not sure if he was crazy or not! There was some great editing in it too, and yes I surprised myself by noticing the editing, as you all know editing is not my bestest friend!

Well its all very busy now, so instead of hiding in blogger, I actually need to do some work! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment