Thursday 4 February 2010

The Beginning

I have started my new course, Broadcast Media, at uca this week, and so far loving it, today we were given a challenge to make a 3 minute video with the new cameras that we had never used before, with the word "life" in the title. The tricky thing was we were not allowed to do any post production editing, so we had to shoot the whole thing in sequence. It was actually a lot of fun, although looking back on my film, I would love to actually be able to add some music sampling to it etc. For example my story was called "My real life" and was about a young girl who hadn't had a very the best of childhoods, it was a very truthful story with a documentary type format to it, with pretty much all testimonial shots. I really vision the line of a song running through the credits "Do you want the truth or something beautiful" .
Being at Maidstone Studios to study is such an exciting prospect and I am looking forward to the rest of the course! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are liking it! A really good start. Very thoughtful and provoking script. I don't think music was needed, the magic came from the story and performance. well done.

    ReplyDelete