Thursday 10 March 2011

Fiction Adaptation

My adaptation is a sequel to 'lamb to the slaughter', driven by the unborn child from the original story, her name is Elizabeth and at 30 years old she herself is pregnant. It is set in 1981, but only for logical reasons, I wanted to keep the original story in the 50's, and I wanted Elizabeth to be 30, so therefore its in the 80's, but I do not want it to be very 80's-esque, I want to stay away from the garish, in your face, mullet, crappy music 80's era and keep the piece very timeless. I see it it in very dreamy way that could be set in anytime period. My ideal director would be Nick Cassavettes, he has done "My sister's keeper" and "The Notebook", which both have that very dreamy, classic feel with such an underling feeling of sadness and my ideal production designer Sarah Greenwood, who has done "Atonement", "Pride & Prejudice", "Sherlock Holmes" and "The soloist" as she can capture any time period perfectly and she also captures that same dreamy feeling I want.
It is set in America, and the main locations are Mary's house, Elizabeth's house, Mary's nursing home and public libraries.


Please ignore the bit in the previous post about Elizabeth searching the web, as duh! they did not have the internet in 1981. Also when Elizabeth has a baby at the end, it maybe a boy called Patrick, I have not yet decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment